Lenovo’s ThinkPad and Think line of devices have always been trusted to be secure and solve customer problems with technology. Unveiled at CES 2023, the newest addition to this lineup is both a surprise and kind of a no-brainer — the Lenovo ThinkPhone by Motorola (which, we shall henceforth just call the ThinkPhone).
The ThinkPhone is engineered to bring a business experience to smartphones. Basically, every reason you have to go to a ThinkPad device, has been transferred over to a smartphone form factor. Plus, the ThinkPhone will also work seamlessly with other ThinkPad devices.
With ThinkPhone, customers will have a complete suite of security and support features backed by ThinkShield.
ThinkShield is Lenovo’s vaunted security platform which has underlying fundamental security policies, features, specialized hardware, software and processes that ensure the security of the entire device.
Organizations can easily deploy ThinkPhones to end users with Zero Touch and manage their entire fleet of ThinkPhones. They can do this through device management solutions like Moto OEMConfig and Moto Device Manager. On paper, it’s the corporate world’s dream phone.
It also has Moto Secure — an app that serves as a hub for items related to security and privacy.
Through this along with Moto OEMConfig or Moto Device Manager, IT administrators can remotely configure Moto Secure features on ThinkPhones. This applies to everything from lock screen settings to network alerts to pin layout scrambling.
The ThinkPhone also comes with Moto KeySafe. It’s a separate processor running on Android that adds an additional layer of security. This better protects the most sensitive data in the smartphone. It isolates PINs, passwords, and cryptographic keys, storing them in a tamper-resistant environment
protecting the data from the inside out.
Think 2 Think
The seamless connection between the ThinkPhone and ThinkPad devices is called Think 2 Think. This connection includes:
- Instant Connect: Phone and PC seamlessly discover when nearby and connect over WiFi.
- Unified Clipboard: Seamlessly transfer copied text or recent photos, scanned documents and videos between devices by pasting into any app on the destination device.
- Unified Notifications: Phone notifications instantly appear on the Windows Action Center. Clicking a notification auto launches the corresponding phone app on the PC’s screen.
- File Drop: Easily drag and drop files between ThinkPhone and PC.
- App Streaming: Open any Android application directly on a PC.
- Advanced Webcam: Take advantage of the powerful ThinkPhone cameras and AI
capabilities, seamlessly using it as your webcam for all your video calls.
- Instant Hotspot: Connect to the internet through one click, directly from the PC to
leverage the ThinkPhone’s 5G connectivity.
If you’re familiar with how iPhones and MacBooks/Macs work together, the Think 2 Think should work exactly like that.
ThinkPhone full specs
- OS — Android 13
- Processor — Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1
- RAM — 8GB/12GB LP5
- Storage — 128GB/256GB/512GB UFS 3.1
- Display — 6.6″ pOLED
- Battery & Charging — 5000mAh, 68W TurboPowe, 15W wireless
- Water protection — IP68
- Rear Camera — 50MP Wide f/1.8, 13MP Ultrawide f/2.2, Depth Sensor
- Front Camera — 32MP f/2.45
- Video Capture — Rear Main: 8K UHD (30fps), 4K UHD (60/30fps), FHD (60/30fps), 4K UHD HDR10 (30fps), Slow
- motion: FHD (960/240/120fps)
- Connectivity — Type-C port (USB 3.1 compatible); DisplayPort out
- Color — Carbon Black
Lenovo ThinkPhone by Motorola will be available in the US, Europe, Latin America, Middle East, Australia and select countries across Asia in the coming months.
Specific pricing will vary per market.
HP reveals new hybrid, gaming lineup at CES 2023
New Dragonfly and Elite series too
Both these gaming powerhouses are powered by up to 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K series processors. They also have NVIDIA GeForce RTX graphics for 4K visuals.
All new OMEN devices also utilize HP’s OMEN Tempest Cooling Technology. Meanwhile, the OMEN 17 will be the first to feature optical mechanical keys. These are 25 times faster than traditional laptop keyboards.
HP has also introduced cloud gaming through the OMEN Gaming Hub. It offers gamers access to over 1,450 titles.
HP E-series G5 monitors: More immersive experience
Meanwhile, the visual experience is about to be taken to new heights further, with HP’s new E-series G5 monitors which range from the 21.5 to 44.5-inch sizes and are all capable of displaying 4K seamlessly.
The HP E45c G5, in particular, is the world’s first QHD dual curved monitor which showcases a super ultrawide Virtual Dual Display feature.
Essentially, there is just one extra-long monitor instead of two monitors which need to be combined side-by-side to create the ultimate gaming setup.
The M24h and M27h FHD monitors also provide upgraded experiences while coming with improved ergonomics to tailor fit users’ postures and viewing angles.
Poly Voyager Free 60 series
When it comes to accessories, headlining the list is the Poly Voyager Free 60 series wireless earbuds.
This wearable comes with 10mm drivers for hi-fi sound and adaptive hybrid ANC. It has a smart charge case with 3.5mm OLED display, a three-mic array, and Bluetooth 5.3 connectivity.
It supports up to 24 hours of total playtime on a full charge. Everything is made a breeze too through the Poly Lens mobile app for customizing settings.
For other accessories, there’s the HP 620/625 FHD webcam for Zoom-ready looks on a 1080p camera. It has built-in dual noise-reduction microphones and video features like auto-focus and AI face framing.
The HP 710 rechargeable silent mouse also allows users to work seamlessly. Its compact design features six programmable buttons for 20 custom shortcuts.
Hybrid-fit laptops: Dragonfly, Elite series
Lastly, HP has unveiled the new Dragonfly G4, EliteBook 1040 G10, and Elite x360 1040 G10. These productivity laptops shall benefit users who work in remote setups, physical office spaces, or a combination of both.
All powered by the latest gen processors in the market, here are some of the distinct new features:
- Multi-Camera Experience: The laptops support dual video streams and camera switching. With it, users can easily show both themselves and an object or keyboard at the same time, picture-in-picture or side-by-side.
- Auto Camera Select: Since there are two cameras on each device, this feature uses intelligent face tracking to recognize which camera a user is facing for uninterrupted virtual eye contact.
- HP Be Right Back: This will enable users to change their video feed to a still feature when taking a break, without having to steal the attention from meetings
- Intelligent Hibernate, Smart Sense: As users begin to work on their PCs regularly, these study their patterns to optimize performance and even predict what’s next.
ASUS ProArt Studiobook 16 3D OLED: Glasses-Free 3D!
World’s first 3D laptop without the need for 3D glasses
If you’ve been watching our videos, you’d know that Michael Josh went to Las Vegas for CES 2023.
It was when ASUS announced the debut of the world’s first 3D laptop without the need for glasses — the ProArt Studiobook 16 3D OLED.
While it was hard to capture on video, he was able to relive the experience together with real reactions from his friends!
Other than that, we also have two more CES-unveiled ASUS laptops on the line that you might want to check out.
Curious enough? Head over and watch our video now!
Best of CES 2023
Next-Gen Foldables, Record-Breaking Electric Car, and a 3D Laptop without 3D Glasses
There were a lot announced during CES 2023 — and by that we mean A LOT.
But some of our favorites include a portable solar-powered fridge with a built-in ice maker, a record-breaking electric vehicle that can go farther than any before, a laptop with a 3D display, heck even the future of foldable smartphones was unveiled!
Know more of them by watching our Best of CES 2023 round-up!
MSI Summit E16 Flip review: Creator on the go
A plethora of ways to be as productive and creative as possible
Serial Cleaners review: Stealth in the mafia
Outrunning the police, but you can’t outrun the truth
Samsung Galaxy Watch5 review: Best Android smartwatch yet?
Training for a half-marathon race made easy with this trinket
2023 Minimal Desk Setup
Buy AMD’s Ryzen 7000 series-Star Wars Jedi: Survivor bundle
Finally! Grab users may now pay directly using GCash
Samsung offers $100 for Galaxy S23 preorders
Apple halts development of in-house chip
RAKK launches the Haribon, Sinag 98
Afeela is Sony and Honda’s first electric car together
Lenovo unveils most powerful Legion lineup yet
Hitman 3 will soon come with Hitman 1 and 2 for free
Sony introduces accessibility controller for disabled gamers
News5 days ago
Apple iPhone 15 Rumor Roundup: Goodbye Pro Max, hello Ultra
Accessories2 weeks ago
LG OLED Flex: Price, availability in Singapore
Gaming2 weeks ago
Garena announces Devil May Cry 5, Free Fire collaboration
Deals2 weeks ago
PlayStation launches ‘The Year of Play’ campaign
Automotive1 week ago
Xiaomi EV spotted in China
Gaming1 week ago
Midnight Suns Deadpool DLC arrives Jan 26
CES 20231 week ago
HP reveals new hybrid, gaming lineup at CES 2023
Accessories2 weeks ago
Sony brings back the Walkman