News

OnePlus 6T launch set a day earlier because of Apple

Now on October 29

Published

on

“What do we do now?”

That was the question OnePlus CEO and founder Pete Lau asked himself and his team after finding out that Apple set their next major event on the same date as the OnePlus 6T launch.


What OnePlus originally thought would be the best, most timely date to unveil their upcoming flagship after all the launches we’ve seen this month, turned out being the worst.

“Our goal is to make sure it gets the time and attention it deserves,” Lau said in a blog post on the company’s official forum. “[Feedback] showed us that if we chose to stick to our original timeline, launching the OnePlus 6T on October 30, we would be overshadowed by Apple.”

With that, the OnePlus 6T’s launch date has been moved to October 29 — still in New York at 11am EDT.

OnePlus says that this decision was made after lots of deliberation between themselves and input from fans. Lau added: “We have only just begun our journey and cannot afford to let one of the most important products in our history be affected by another great product launch.”

For those who bought a ticket but can’t attend the event anymore, they’ll get a full refund. Anyone who has to make changes to their travel and accommodation arrangements will be assisted by OnePlus; added costs will be covered individually.

For everyone else who’ll be watching the live stream from home, it simply means we’ll get to see OnePlus’ next flagship smartphone a day sooner.

The OnePlus 6T is expected to be similar in a lot of ways to the OnePlus 6 launched six months ago, except it’ll come with a smaller notch and in-display fingerprint scanner — at the expense of the audio port, however.

Gaming

NVIDIA GeForce Now will bring PC games to Android devices

Taking on Google Stadia and Microsoft xCloud

Published

on

Cloud gaming is a recent trend in the industry which aims to revolutionize gaming in the future. In the past few years, industry giants have launched their own cloud gaming platforms: Google announced Stadia, while Microsoft announced xCloud. Soon, they will be joined by NVIDIA with its own GeForce Now which will be available to Android devices soon.

GeForce Now is NVIDIA’s cloud gaming platform that has been in beta for PC, Mac, and NVIDIA Shield TVs. With this recent announcement, GeForce Now will finally come to Android devices. More people will be able to play AAA PC games from their Android devices, regardless of specs. NVIDIA’s platform also has the advantage of streaming PC gaming titles from Steam, UPlay, and other digital stores. In comparison, titles available to Google Stadia and Microsoft xCloud is more limited.


NVIDIA is improving the GeForce Now — as such, the platform will remain in beta phase for the foreseeable future. It is free for everyone to try. Those willing will need a compatible Bluetooth gamepad, since some games are unplayable through touch controls alone.

There is no exact date when the GeForce Now will be available to the public. There are also no details yet as to how much the platform will cost as of the moment.

NVIDIA’s GeForce Now is part of the industry’s push towards cloud gaming. Cloud gaming works by streaming a whole game through the internet so people can play their favorite games anytime, anywhere. However, it remains to be seen if people will welcome the technology with open arms — after all, it requires a fast and stable internet connection.

Continue Reading

India

Xiaomi launches Android One powered Mi A3

A clutter-free user experience

Published

on

Xiaomi has launched a wide-range of phones this year in an attempt to cover every price bracket. While it has indisputable supremacy in the entry-level bracket, the brand is also slowly catching up on the premium side.

So far, all phones launched by Xiaomi are backed by MIUI. The A-series however, aims to offer a stock Android experience. Partnering with Google for Android One, the device is guaranteed to receive timely security and feature updates.


First announced in Spain, Xiaomi has now unveiled the Mi A3 in India and is available in White, Blue, and Grey. It’ll take on the Realme 5 series, Vivo Z1 Pro, and Samsung Galaxy M40. With this new phone, Xiaomi will improve upon the shortcomings of the Mi A2.

The headphone jack is making a comeback and the design has been drastically improved. The front has a 6-inch HD+ AMOLED display and it also houses the fingerprint sensor. The front and back are protected by Gorilla Glass 5 and splash resistant coating.

Powering the phone is a Snapdragon 665 processor with 4GB or 6GB of RAM and expandable storage. The rear has a triple camera setup consisting of a 48-megapixel primary camera, 8-megapixel wide-angle lens, and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. While the front gets a 32-megapixel selfie shooter with support for face unlock.

Backing these internals is a 4,000mAh battery that supports 18W fast charging. Software enhancements in the UI are non-existent because the phone ships with pure Android out-of-the-box.

It’ll be available in two configurations — 4GB+64GB costing INR 12,999 and 6GB+128GB costing INR 15,999. Sale starts from xx September via Mi.com and other offline channel partners. There’s a INR 1,000 if users purchase using an HDFC Bank credit or debit card.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Spider-Man could be out of the MCU, #SaveSpiderMan trends

Fans are blaming Sony

Published

on

Spider-Man’s future in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) is looking bleak.

A report by Deadline says that Sony and Marvel failed to come to terms on a deal. Marvel reportedly offered an even 50/50 split on co-financing future films involving the wall-crawler. The deal could extend to the larger Spider-Man universe that Sony also intended on building and that, perhaps, was when the company started to become protective.


The report says Sony just “did not want to share its largest franchise.” For its part, Sony has rebounded nicely from the mess that was the two Amazing Spider-Man movies. In 2018 they released the Marvel’s Spider-Man PS4 game as well as the animated flick Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. Both were massive hits critically and commercially.

It’s a puzzling move on Sony’s part considering how much life the MCU has breathe into the character. Tom Holland, the actor who plays Spider-Man in the MCU is still under contract to do two more films. Director of Spider-Man: Far From Home Jon Watts, likewise, is still under contract but if this stalemate between Sony and Marvel persists, we might be looking at a vastly different live-action Spidey.

If you’ve seen the latest Spidey film, you also know that it ended on a massive cliffhanger so this new turn of events is major bummer for fans.

#SaveSpiderMan trends on Twitter

Following the news, fans of Spidey in the MCU couldn’t help but voice out their disappointment and displeasure with Sony. #SaveSpiderMan quickly trended on Twitter with fans pointing out how Sony is ruining the character.

Clearly, Spidey fans aren’t pleased. Here’s to hoping Sony will listen to this outcry because right now, this is literally everyone…

 

Continue Reading

Trending