Gaming

Nintendo Creators Program will shut down by December

They’ve got new rules, you count them

Published

on

The Nintendo Creators Program made waves over the past three years for content creators and streamers. If creators wanted to monetize gameplay of popular Nintendo games like Pokémon Let’s Go or Super Smash Bros., they had to submit these videos for review first. The long process finally comes to an end as the company announces its shut down next month.

The announcement came from the program’s official website, citing that the company wants to “make it easier to make and monetize videos that contain Nintendo Game Content.” Furthermore, the company will now allow content creators to make videos as long as they put in their own commentary on it. However, simply reuploading a Nintendo Direct or uploading many hours of game footage without any commentary is strictly prohibited.


Nintendo also cracked down on creators who upload videos of unreleased games, much like the leaked footage of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate on YouTube. The new guidelines will prevent this, unless it’s a product trailer or straight from Nintendo Direct. The company reserves the right to take these videos down, including videos that feature pirated Nintendo software. So, speedrunners and creators who practice emulation are doomed in that regard.

They also state that these guidelines may change from time to time, so creators must check on them before uploading. Nintendo recognizes the interest of creators in providing original content to their audience, through their games. “We appreciate and encourage the continued support of content creators, and thank them for their dedication to helping us create smiles,” the company said in their announcement.

To know more about these new rules, you can access the full article here.

Gaming

Taiwan Excellence is holding its first esports cup in the Philippines

With a prize pool of P360,000

Published

on

Esports continue to grow in the Philippines thanks to the help from both organizations and major brands. The latest to make its mark in the local competitive scene is Taiwan Excellence, which will be holding an esports cup in Manila beginning in July.

With the help of the Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA) and Taiwan’s Bureau of Foreign Trade (BOFT), there’ll be a PhP 360,000 prize pool for the expected 2,000 participants from across the country. The featured games are Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) and League of Legends (LOL).


Registration for the tournament begins on June 15. The first phase of the competition will start on July 6 for CS:GO and August 3 for LOL. The grand finals will happen from October 4 to 5 at SM North EDSA The Block, Quezon City. Taiwan Excellence’s esports cup was previously held in Malaysia and Thailand.

“Taiwan is known for its breakthrough electronics industry, with renowned innovations and quality products being developed for global distribution. Now with esports, we take pride in sharing that industry-leading brands are from Taiwan, with Filipino gamers,” said C.T. Wu, director of the Strategic Marketing Dept. at TAITRA.

Continue Reading

E3 2019

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild sequel is on its way

Following up the Switch’s best game

Published

on

Leave it to Nintendo to make the announcements that are worthy of closing the pre-E3 keynotes.

During Nintendo’s keynote, the company announced that a sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is in the works. A trailer was provided but didn’t show anything in terms of gameplay.


Instead, we see main characters Link and Zelda exploring a cave, seemingly continuing where they left off from the first game, and finding a ghastly corpse that awakens.

You can watch it here:

Breath of the Wild is considered by many to be the best game on the Switch (along with Super Mario Odyssey), as well as the highest-rated entry in the long-running series, so any mention of a sequel is fantastic news.

Sadly, Nintendo didn’t provide a release date or any other details. All we know for sure is that this will be another Switch-exclusive.

Continue Reading

E3 2019

Final Fantasy VIII is getting the remaster it deserves

It’s not a remake though

Published

on

At long last, Final Fantasy VIII is releasing on newer consoles. It had been notably absent when Square Enix launched fellow FF-series games lately. Somehow, they got their shit together for this.

Unfortunately, it isn’t a remake like what we’re getting out of Final Fantasy VII for the PS4. Rather, this is only a remaster of the classic PlayStation title with the same gameplay mechanics and slightly improved graphics.


This is the official trailer:

“Coming 2019” is all we have for a release schedule. The good news is we’ll see it on the PS4, Switch, Xbox One, and Steam — no mobile version, however. Previously, a vanilla version of FFVIII arrived on PC in late 2013.

For context, the original game came out in 1999. It’s time for younger millennials to get a taste of emo protagonists from the 90s.

Continue Reading

Trending